Friday, May 30, 2008

The PET Scan Part Deux...

Everything went as expected with my mom's PET Scan yesterday. We won't get any of the results until our meeting with the oncologist on Tuesday. However TheWife and I have to stay clear of her for a day or so until her body flushes the radioactive materials. The caution is more for TheWife than myself, but everything should be 5x5 by tonight. I guess the radioactivity has a really short half-life of about 2 hours. Thus, by the end of the first 24 hours she should be clean and clear.

Now it's just another waiting game. Waiting for results, waiting for treatment suggestions, waiting for the next show to drop, etc. In the meantime I have to meet with her and her financial manager to discuss her estate and what will happen to it if anything happens to her. Did that make sense? Anyhow, it's a conversation I really do not want to have. I think that's why she's taking me to the Farmer's Market first--to bribe me into being in a good mood. We'll see about that.

No comments: