Saturday, May 24, 2008

I miss the city

About a year and a half ago I moved out of the city. Much like Spider Jerusalem, I was burnt out on the rude people, the noise, the stress, etc. So I went up the mountain, so to speak.

I still work in the city, but with gas prices being what they are and my wages being what they are, I don't get much chance to spend any down-time in the city. For the first year or so I didn't miss it much, but lately I have been.

Right now that sentiment rings especially true. I'm at my favorite little coffee shop, waiting for the famous Rob Callahan to appear. But in the meantime I have some entertainment. There is a guy across the way who is the spitting image of what Jimi Hendrix would look like today if he'd sorted out his troubles back in the day. And he's playing guitar-fairly well-on a portable amp.

Good times. It's these kinds of things that I miss about living in the city.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: