Monday, June 16, 2008

Clarity

Even with the economy falling and gas prices rising, there is a glimmer of hope on the horizon. Honda, today, rolled out a new zero-emission, hydrogen fuel cell car off its Japanese production line.

Even though I don't own a Honda, I am a big supporter of their green initiatives and their vision for the future. If the spec sheets I've seen are to be believed, the new FCX Clarity will offer two times more energy efficiency than a gas-electric hybrid and three times that of a standard gasoline-powered car. Now, even though they are only releasing a handful (maybe a couple hundred) over the next three years, I have confidence that there will be enough buzz to increase hydrogen station infrastructure, which, in turn, will make the Clarity more user-friendly.

Just in time for me to be in the market for a new car. How fortuitous for me.

I believe there is hope for us yet.

No comments: