Wednesday, April 30, 2008

QC Hotness and teh Hobocore (Or Linky-McLinkerson and the Hot Links)

Normally I'm not a big fan of web comics. I often find them too quirky, or too indie for my own tastes. Also it doesn't help that most of them, in my opinion, are the Tatooine or Dagobah of the Fun Universe. There are, however, a few stand-outs that have become part of my OCD-driven morning ritual. There's Lil Spencer, and Toby . Hell, even Barkeater Lake is is alright now that Pandolph finally got back to updating (though it appears he's dropped the whole Toby crossover).

The best of the all, however, is none other than J. Jacques very own Questionable Content. It's teh awexome fer reelz. But seriously, it's good humor, a lot of indie (the good kind) pop culture references and above all it brings the funny in every aspect, even in the wardrobe and and set design. Even when the story is slow, I love reading the com just to see the characters wearing shirts like this. Ok, maybe it's not the best example, but I'm tired and don't have time to weed through the archives right now. However, I do love the shirt worn in today's comic (i.e. Tits or GTFO) by the lady librarian. And if that don't beat all, you can actually buy some of the stuff for real. I'm considering a TEH shirt, or maybe the Hobocore model. Dunno yet.

Wow, this turned out to be a lot more linky than I had intended.

Oh well, gotta run.

Ciao.

No comments: