Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Northern Minnesota: Believe It or Not

Now if I understood the story correctly, my good friend Hauana caught this fish with little more than a piece of string and her own rippling muscles. If it were anyone else making that claim, I would call bullshit in half-a-heartbeat. However, I have been witness to Hauana's exploits in the past which make this story a little easier to believe. Since we first met back in 1997 (I think) I've seen her:
  • Threaten a boy she didn't care for with mass physical violence.
  • Drive said boy to tears with what amounted to 3 sentences.
  • Gleefully break the hearts of both men and women like they were out-of-date Christmas ornaments.
  • Manhandle a full grown Doberman Pinscher (not mine) because it was "getting saucy" with her.
These are just a sampling of course. I think the most telling of all, though, would be the fact that she was the daughter of a small-town sheriff. Meaning she had to be tougher than the other kids just to withstand their misguided abuse that should have been aimed at her dad.

No comments: